SimpleGrid System Engineer Level II
Do you want to be the person who exceeds your potential? If you have a desire to succeed and drive your own career, Simplegrid Technology, Inc. offers you the opportunity to make that happen.
We’re a small IT services startup on our way to becoming thought leaders within the IT services field, and we need your talent, skill, and ambitious ideas to help us reach our goals. You’ll be getting in on the ground floor with the opportunity to help shape the business and grow with the firm. You’ll be doing great things for our clients and helping them achieve their business ambitions.
We are looking for the right candidate that will grow with our firm, and therefore someone who is interested in a long term position. Only serious candidates who follow the application process completely will be considered.
We are currently looking for a Systems Engineer Level II to support the business in achieving its strategic objectives.
What we Expect you to do:
- Monitor infrastructure remotely using our Remote Monitoring tool.
- Troubleshoot and resolve helpdesk and network admin issues either remotely or by visiting the client onsite. Most work can be completed remotely. Our clients are located throughout northern and central New Jersey and Manhattan. A ticket can be as simple as resetting a user’s password or helping them troubleshoot an issue with Microsoft Word to rebooting servers or making firewall rule changes.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients. You will be speaking with them on a daily basis; therefore having an upbeat, positive relationship with them is tantamount to your success. We expect you to keep our clients updated on the progress of the work you are performing for them, and explain the work you are doing in laymen’s terms so they understand.
- Work on technical projects for our clients. Technical projects can range from small mini-projects such as add hard drives on a server to performing a complete network upgrade.
- Keep learning. We expect you to stay current on the technologies that impact our clients today, and become well versed in the best practices of installing, configuring and supporting those technologies.
- Assist with internal Simplegrid initiatives. This would include creating processes to help streamline our workflow, to documenting tasks that we commonly perform.
- Use our professional services automation tool to track your time and update tickets that you work on.
- Make recommendations, both to enhance our clients work efficiency and also give your valuable input to help Simplegrid grow.
- Occasionally work nights and weekends. Although we do our utmost to ensure a high quality of life for our staff, the nature of the business requires that some work has to be performed after business hours. You should be willing and able to perform that work when needed.
- Figure things out. We don’t expect you to know the solution to every single problem, but we expect you to use your intellect and resources available to you (both online and offline) to solve the problems you face.
- Be independent and a self-starter. We expect you to take initiative to proactively address issues and take on project work as you see the opportunity.
Qualifications you should have:
- A BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or at least 4 years of relevant experience working for another IT consulting firm, or Managed Services Provider.
- Experience working with another IT consulting firm or Managed Services Provider.
- A current MCSE, MCSA, MCITP:Server Administrator, MCITP:Enterprise.
- Hands on experience working with the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and Group Policy
- Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Microsoft Office 2010 and above
- Office 365
- VMware ESXi version 5.0 and above
- Cisco Switches (Catalysts)
- Cisco Firewalls (ASA and Meraki)
- SonicOS firewalls
- Wireless Technology Products (Cisco, Ubiquiti and Meraki)
- HP/Dell Servers
- Dell/Lenovo workstations/laptops
- A clean driving record and a car to travel to client sites.
- Excellent communications skills – both oral and written.
Qualifications we prefer you to have:
Although not required, it would be a strong plus if you have experience working with the following:
- Labtech RRM - This would include the configuration of monitoring alerts, scripting and patching
- Webroot Anti-Virus
- Datto Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Network Detective
What you will get
Simplegrid offers a competitive salary + benefits package, depending on experience. Performance bonuses are also awarded.
You will also get an opportunity to join a company on the ground floor and grow with it. Your input on building processes, both technical and business will be highly valuable. You will have influence in decisions the firm makes.
You must follow this process exactly in order to be considered:
- Submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
- If your qualifications match our selection criteria, we will email you an online assessment which you must complete within 48 hrs.
- We will review your assessment and resume and contact you for an online interview if there is a match between our needs and your skills.